The curious case of my Tiffin-Box!!

And then, it was time for the much-awaited lunch break after a grueling and non-stop classes of 1st semester engineering classes. The lunch break gets a complete different meaning once a student passes middle-school. The canteen defines the lunch break. And who would dare to bring a lunch box at this age of teenage-life. And yet there lay a boy, who would rather prefer detention than speaking his heart out to the girl he admires the most, with a tiffin-box in his bag. Well, that has to be me. And thanks to my sweet mom, I still prefer a tiffin-box from home rather than eating out, at this hefty age of 20. And yeah, my mom still thinks that food prepared outside wouldn’t suit her son’s stomach. And I so much love her for that. And without a doubt, that makes my stomach a unique collaboration of sweet, home-made food.


When at the little age of some 10-11 years, my friends preferred not to bring a tiffin-box, my mom prepared one every other day. My tiffin-box survived. During the last days of my school life, the tiffin-box survived. During the competitive days of higher secondary classes, my tiffin-box survived. And yeah, during those days, I along with my friends would open it in the middle of a lecture-session and would adventurously eat in the presence of the teacher. (Of course, without his voluntary knowledge) And now till the second year of my engineering course, it is still prevalent: my ritual of bringing a tiffin-box. And my mom loves me for continuing to do so. And I am proud of this, for being a reason for her happiness. And till I continue this ritual, be happy. Respect women. Respect all. Happy reading. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts