Manchester United: My Love, My devotion, My religion.

NOTE: This blog post is not the result of the lost match against Liverpool. I have been planning to blog down my feelings ever since the season began to go on the wrong side. If you are a true football fan or an ardent Manchester United fan, you would surely understand this. Proceed:


Long gone are the days of David Beckham, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer  and Christiano Ronaldo, the great players whom I have seen donning the great Manchester United jersey and bring laurels to the club. And yet the great Sir Alex Ferguson had the vision to manage a Manchester United team successfully that had seen the exit of these players. It was Ferguson who transformed Rooney into a world-class striker, whose potential was long felt during his days at Everton. It was only under Ferguson, when the world of football saw the advent of the deadly defending duo: Vidic and Ferdinand. Edwin Van Der Sar was the most prolific goal-keeper, coming second to only Peter Schmeichel, who also operated under the great Sir Alex. And yet when the great Sir decided to retire, his choice for his successor was seen as one of his mysterious decisions. Before announcing Mr. David Moyes as his successor, I personally felt that a certain Jupp Heynckes or for instance, Harry Redknapp or even Jose Mourinho would have been a decent choice. And when Ferguson did announce his choice, I felt that if it was his choice, then there had to be a reason. And a good one. One, David Moyes was successfully managing an Everton side for some 10 years, with reasonable budget. Two, there was a Scottish connection, obviously. But, what Ferguson couldn’t see was the distant future Manchester United and their fans were to live in the next 8 months or so. From being Champions of England, Manchester United have been reduced to a club fighting for a spot for Champions League qualification, and are currently sitting 7th in the Premier League table. From ageing defenders to lusty mid-fielders, the current season has gone from bad to worse.



But as a fan, I still have faith on the manager and Manchester United. No wonder my devotion towards United has only increased. It’s been 7 years since I began admiring Manchester United and supporting them. And ever since I have become part of the Manchester United clan, I just cannot write off Manchester United from my heart. It has become a part of my life. Nothing can reduce my love for the club. Win, lose or draw, I will keep supporting Manchester United till my last breath, even if this doesn’t earn me or Manchester United anything. I know it’s been a hard few months for the fans like me, but I am very much sure that the new manager would sort out things with the players and bring back the club on the right track. And as a fan, I urge all the fans to have patience, and keep supporting the club even in these hard times. We can’t just go on criticizing the club when the team isn’t performing well. We have to keep supporting as well. Every club goes through tough phases. Glory Glory Manchester United. Believe. Respect.  Happy reading.

Comments

Popular Posts