An Open Letter to all my Friends!!

“Haven’t you started drinking or smoking yet?” one of my close friends asked me.
“Unfortunately for you, NO!!” I replied.
“What? I just can’t believe it. This proves that you are a girl!!” replied my friend.

And I was surprised by my friend’s remark on my attitude towards smoking and drinking. Is it so tough to digest the fact that I do not smoke or haven’t yet galloped down a glass of whisky or beer or for the fact, any kind of drinks? And for all of you who doesn’t know, I seriously haven’t.

The other day, I was made to realize the fact that I make you all feel guilty when you go on smoking or drinking in front of me. Well, for the matter of fact, I have no right to judge whether it is good or bad to drink and smoke. Moreover, I never judge people by their habits of smoking or drinking. If you are my friend, then I would be with you and support you, till my last breath. And seriously, I love all my friends. You are my collection of precious memories. Your smoking and drinking habits wouldn’t reduce my love towards all of you. Besides, who would forget the days of visiting faked up tuition centres, playing games on cell phones in the middle of classes, teasing with girls, finishing the tiffin-box in the middle of a teacher-lecture session and loads were there, won’t fit here.

It is not that I intend to show off by not indulging in smoking and drinking. As I have already said that this habit cannot judge any person. So, my habit of not smoking or drinking is of my personal choice, and unfortunately, for all of you, it won’t change. I do not intend to make you feel guilty or uneasy. It is just that I won’t smoke and drink, just for my personal pleasure, and I hope not to disturb your personal pleasures in return. Sorry, if I have ever let you down, but my intention is seriously not to offend anyone. Everybody has their personal choices and opinions, and I respect each of them. Respect. Thank you. Happy reading.


Comments

  1. Dont feel guilty about not being one of the smokers or drinkers the world produces. It is ur life & thereby u chose what to do & what not to. U have chosen not to drink or smoke & everybody must respect ur decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaaa.....i m just stating that no one should feel guilty when i am around, okay?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts