6 myths about Engineering students (applies to boys!)

Ever since I have been into engineering, certain facts of life became unfairly imaginable. And though there are numerous rounds of gullible facts about engineering circling around the web, I might as well inform you that half of those are inglorious myths. Here are 6 of them:

1.  An Engineering student does not have a girlfriend:  While about 95% of the engineering students would agree to the fact that girlfriends are an endangered species, a slightly selected luckier group of the rest of them would be certainly opposing this sad one-liner. And after 2 years of living with the uncertain truth, I might as well be with those 95%. But this isn’t true at all. It so turns out that everyone except me has a girlfriend. I don’t know if they are lucky or I am unlucky. Quite a mystery, it seems!

2.   Engineering students love machines: This is one of the most stupid one-liners I have ever heard, but there are branches of engineering which doesn’t involve machines at all, like computer science and chemical engineering. And mind you, it doesn’t necessarily require someone to love machines instead of girls to enroll into mechanical engineering either. If you love solving conceptualized mathematical problems (not mathematical series and sequences) and physical problems involving real-life matter, you are good enough for mechanical engineering. You got the hint, don’t you?

3.    There are no beautiful girls in an Engineering College: While every girl born on this earth is beautiful and cute, I hate people who funnily state this myth to mock engineering students. And if you ever happen to visit my college, you would probably find out that it is filled with ‘beauty with brains’ angels. While none of them have a clue of my meager existence, the presence of each of them has made my engineering life a memorable and beautiful one. Well, at least till date.

4.    Engineering is the toughest course of study: Even though I am not a fairly bright student, I don’t think the course of our studies is a tough one, let alone ‘toughest’. If you leave aside “lack of studies” and “unnecessary course material” excuses, engineering is a fairly easy and conceptualized course. And mind you, this doesn’t excuse us from getting poor marks in our exams. This has just become a kind of “engineeringly-genetic” habit.

5.     An Engineering student is a geek: Practically speaking, I may look like a geek (without brain power) but trust me, engineering students are not geeks. Wearing spectacles doesn’t make anyone a geek. Well, for starters even Superman wears spectacles. And 90% of the engineering students are bared eyes altogether. Still if anyone has any doubts, try me.

6.      An Engineering student does not study at all: Well, this might sound utterly fake but yes, I have friends who study, like for almost 24x7 but claims sleeping, eating and watching TV & playing computer games all day occupies their lifestyle.(Well, this is fake!) While 50% of this one-liner applies for me, but believe me, there are engineering students who wouldn’t even open his eyes for a certain Katrina Kaif standing beside him while studying. And trust me, studying isn’t crime, at all. But when you ignore the opposite sex for studies, this is crime.



Being an engineering student, it is my duty to erase these unreasonable myths from your mind-palace. But do forgive me if I have hurt anyone’s sentiments in doing so. Well, I am supposed to love machines, but quite ignorantly I love you all too, specially non-boys. Till then, respect women. Happy reading.




  


Comments

Popular Posts