4 over-fictitious visuals of TV ads

“TV was supposedly invented to create a hypothetical atmosphere amongst the better part of human life”

Well, do not be utterly confused with the quoted dialog. It wasn’t said by any great personality, but was instantly jotted down by my own mind. To put it down in simple words, I have seen loads of content in the idiot box which has made me enormously self-oblivion of the kind of society we live in and the sense of humour which I have tried to bring in through this post. Here’s why:






Racism is still prevalent in broad daylight: I am still not sure as to why is so much emphasis given to being fairer and being plastically beautiful or being handsome? I know people born with such awesome privileges tend to look attractive but human life is more than just being beautiful and fairer. One of the ads even shows a girl winning a singing reality show only due to the sole fact that she applied a particular fairness cream! We have come a long way into a civilized society and I suppose TV commercials should stop making fun of people who are not fair, beautiful or handsome.




 The deodorant effect: We are almost made to believe that applying deodorant is enough to get laid on bed. Believe me, I have applied varieties of deodorants and nothing as such happen other than your body odour to be pleasant. I know deodorant is a very essential part of our lives and without it, our body odour would be equivalent to the smell of the GMC dustbins on the roadside. So, wouldn’t it be legitimate to make the ads more realistic? 




The superfast bikes: Indian roads aren’t fit enough for a speed of above 60kmph due to the mad traffic, which has become a Universal phenomenon, and also due to the seemingly sick conditions of the roads. And the type of stunts which are shown in the ads of bikes can’t be performed even by the great Valentino Rossi in India! And the funniest part is the warning which is given below the screen, where the font size is such that even an electron microscope wouldn’t be able to focus it onto your eyes.








The lavishly vulgar mango drink: Ok! Even though this mango drink doesn’t have any connection with Kamasutra, the way the most beautiful actress on TV drinks it made me buy one bottle. And while drinking it, I imagined her pouring it on her lips. Instead of the type of feeling which should have garnished in my mouth, I just got a normal and simple taste of the mango drink. Clearly, the passionate and steamy feeling while drinking a mango drink is prevalent only in the ads and only in her lips. Idiot box, anyone? 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts