My Maiden Train journey all alone!


The prospect of visiting my granny’s place fascinates me, any given day. And when this very prospect
coincides with my first ever journey by train, completely alone, without even my brother, it becomes a completely happier matter.
So, the morning arrived. Any other given day, I wouldn’t even leave my bed before at least 7:30 A.M. But as the scheduled time of my travel was supposedly 6:30 A.M, I had woken up at a staggering 4:00 A.M. And after the usual boring stuffs that occupy the preparation for a journey, I left for the Guwahati Railway Station. Like every other mother, my mom was peacefully concerned with my lonely journey by train. Notwithstanding my mom’s emotional feelings, I finally reached the station. As I boarded the train, I was now left to the task of finding out my seat, which wasn’t a difficult task altogether. If you have ever travelled by the Jan Shatabdi Express, you would see that all the seats are normal sitter seats, unlike normal trains, where sleeper-class seats are found too. I finally found out my seat, which left me happily shocked as well as surprised. My seat was adjacent to the seats of two extremely beautiful girls. Note it, when I say ‘extremely beautiful girls’. I found it extremely tough to believe my fate. Never in my life, was I so lucky that I saw something of this kind of stuff, till date. I was to sit by two extremely cute and beautiful girls through my whole journey. I sat down on my seat, rather reluctantly. I didn’t show a flicker of my hidden excitement and happiness. I didn’t want to look like a dork. As I was seated, I was rather feeling uncomfortable. Never ever in my life, had I found myself near to two beautiful creations of God. One of them even gave a cute glance at me, which sent bubbles of blood through my veins and left me equally stunned. I was literally pinching myself. It wasn’t a dream. So, as the train began to move, I was convinced that this was real and not exactly a dream. Just as I was relishing my luck and my dream-like experience, a fat boy arrived. He was arguing with a boy at the back of my seat. Apparently, he was confused with the seat numbers. He was extremely angry. Now, again note it when I say, ‘extremely angry’. Another boy accompanying him came to my seat. He glanced at the seat numbers and told me, “Boy, you are seating at the wrong seat! The front seat is yours!” A mini-nuclear bomb was blasted in my heart. All the excitement, all the inner joys of beauty, all came down at a pace ten times the acceleration due to gravity. I sat up from my seat, looking like a complete loser. Everybody was staring at me. I felt like I was a naked- Sunny Leone. The level of awkwardness cannot be merely described in this blog. So, I wasn’t lucky at all. Indeed, my luck never changed. Everything remained the same. My original seat was by two elderly gentlemen. They were quietly laughing at my situation. The two ‘extremely beautiful’ girls were silently laughing too. This should really sum up my whole experience. Now, throughout my whole journey, I eagerly awaited the end of it, which came ages later. Hasta La Vista, to my luck! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts