My Experience at an upscale Showroom!

When a person spends 99% of his time at home, he is bound to get random offers of invitation to equally arbitrary places. Life had already been trolling me with such bids thrown towards me for quite some time now. And then, thanks to my adventurous cousins, I had to accompany them to a fashionable-clothing showroom, situated at one of the busiest places in Guwahati. What followed next is commendable enough for me to stay alive.



As I entered the doorway after being reluctant to, I was greeted with a wide grin by the security persons positioned at the gate with the customary folded hands. They were probably ecstatic to see another customer fascinated by the greed of purchasing some expensive attire. Fortunately for me, I wasn’t. I gave them an equally horrendous smile having no clue about what other gestures should I have given without offending them. The atmosphere inside was such, I was gutted down by a smooth gale that blew through my hair as I stepped in. The number of girls inside the showroom was more than the number I have ever encountered in my entire lifetime. Due to my life which is devoid of girls, I tend to become quite emotional in such situations. But what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger! So, I carried on along with my trendy cousins! They were quick to wander off picking out their choices around the hall while I lay there motionless in one of the corner spot. To give me some assurance of their presence, I was offered to hold the apparels that they had been selecting this entire time. Despite my strong protests, I had to confront myself with the additional weight of all the glamorous clothing in my hands, which looked so wrong in the grasp of my hands! The little amount of motions which I had till I was given the huge responsibility was gone too. If there was a mannequin challenge right there in the showroom, I would have bagged the first prize hands down. Instead, I was getting some really weird stares from co-shoppers who were all dazzling girls, luckily enough. I thought they were feeling pity towards me and was appreciating the tough task that I was going through to hold the entire baggage of clothes. I puffed up my chest every time an alluring girl glanced at me. Such was the attention I was garnering, at one point I even planned to enter the contest for the Sexiest Man Alive in the entire Universe. I was just beginning to have all these fantasies till one of the girls came towards me and enquired, “Bhaiyya, what is the price of this skirt?”




Have you ever felt an arrow right through your heart? The sky-high hopes and all the outlandish dreams shattered then and there! I felt it inside my body like pieces of exploding glasses! Straight from cloud 9, I crashed right under the ground. I wanted to run out of that ghetto right away but with great hands like me, comes even greater responsibility. No pun intended! Girls came in and shopped out till their last penny but I stood there forever. Believe me, that was the longest one-hour of my life. I was starting to get suffocation. The only thing left for my body to experience was choking. I wanted to send out an SOS signal but thankfully my shopping companions returned from their extravagant paradise. I was saved by time. And after I was freed from the chains of the fashion world, I decided never ever to visit any showrooms in my life again! Never! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts