The Basment Café: Of Sports and Food!

Football is a sport which is more than love. Football is life!
And every weekend, when the various leagues across Europe beam their footages on TV, I remain glued to it, particularly the English Premier League. It started way back in the year 2006. Chelsea was ruling the Premier league, with the Special One at the helm of their football assignments. I was partly a neutral fan back in the day. Manchester United particularly garnered my interest due to two players: Ronaldo and Rooney. I have no clue as to how this love affair started but watching their matches gave me excitement all the way. In those initial years, I still remember a couple of matches that were lost to Chelsea and Arsenal and which made me immensely sad. Sir Alex Ferguson, chewing his gum in a legendary manner in the stands gave me goosebumps! It was the perfect life anyone could have wished for. The colossal competition made it even more dramatic. In 2013, this intrigue emulation took a little hiccup with the retirement of Ferguson. But in the year 2016, the biggest bomb was dropped. The broadcasters decided that the Premier League matches would be aired only in Star Sports Select HD. Now, people like me, who were surviving happily with the non-HD channels, took a back step. I was left aghast. I felt as if part of my life was taken away. HD channels aren’t like the infinity stones but it was a bigger issue for me!




The Basement Café came as a blessing in disguise. This café in Guwahati lets you watch matches while you gorge onto your food. My first actual competitive experience in TBC came when Manchester United played Arsenal and I couldn’t afford missing out on the match. Initially, a few of my friends also planned to watch the match along with me. Sadly, only three of us ended up at TBC to witness the high intensity match. The match ended up in a tame draw but the experience was great. TBC offers you with some jolly good dishes to fulfill both your taste and looks satisfaction. The fancy names of the meals add to the soothing atmosphere inside the café. It is basically a sports themed café, with the entire place lined up with crests of various football clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool along with national teams like England and Spain. The person behind this amazing place is a Manchester City fan, which makes me his rival! But as a football fan, such an endeavor is quite laudable! Basketball, badminton and tennis fans wouldn’t be disappointed either, with a taste of their fields as well. The thing which excited me most is a sizeable turf of carpet grass, with a football to add to the list of many sports items! You can even show off some skills if you possess some. And provided there are a few girls to impress too! The food is brilliant too with some signature dishes like the TBC chicken burger and the most interesting, bun-less chicken burger, which you must try out!



Football fan or not, sports fan or not! It doesn’t matter. You should definitely check out this ultra cool place. More people should come out with such out-of-the-box ventures rather than going with the flow. And if you want to enjoy a football match live along with your friends, this place is a must! Plus, there's free WiFi too! Everything that you wish for!




Hop on with your jerseys and drop in at this place opposite Gauhati Commerce College, Chandmari. I bet you wouldn’t regret hanging out in this entirely cool place in your own town!

Comments

Popular Posts