My Experience at Dreamland Amusement Park!

The holiday season has been a never-ending crusade for me as of late.
Days have been arriving and zooming off faster than ever. No matter what you love to do and what your plans for the future are, if you are not doing some stable work which ensures you a fixed salary every month, you are doomed unemployed! And then one of these fine days, by virtue of chance, life took me to DreamLand Amusement Park, located in Khanapara. Having left behind my childhood days long back, I think twice nowadays before giving the nod to visit such esplanades. I am not bragging about my audacity but due to my habit of not being able to say ‘no’ to an elder, I had to accompany my cousins to that supposed ‘wonderland’!



Before this place came up, Guwahati had solely known only one such amusement park for ages in the form of Accoland. As a young teen, I was very much enthralled to visit that venue till I came to know the value of money. So, when I landed in Dreamland Amusement Park, I wasn’t quite surprised with the lofty price of its tickets. 400 bucks per person seems legit when you visit such gigantic parks. If burning a hole through my pocket wasn’t enough, I was greeted with some more welcome bewilderment on the way. Quite irony to its name, there are neither any rides to relish in nor any big interesting structures to be gratified about. I was in turn left ‘amused’ at the state of emptiness the entire area looked. This might be the only place where selfie addicts wouldn't want to click selfies! The exclusive thing to look out for may be the water park area. Even it sported a barren look. And due to the lack of crowd, I didn’t get the correct amount of motivation to tear apart my clothes and jump into the pool. Sense the sarcasm here!



The Go-kart arena looks like a distorted version of one of those 90's video games. The entire track is lined up with useless, used-up tires, which are not enough to stop you from crashing out of the track in case you lose control of the already worn out cars. There were two crashes that occurred right in front of me: one, a lady who crashed through the lined-up tires and onto the mud, and the other, an overconfident and overweight teen, who crashed onto a side wall and requiring some consoling as he looked hilariously shocked aftermath his smash. Apparently, the wall onto which he crashed required more attention as it looked gravely cracked! Thankfully both of the incidents were minor ones.

The 7D theatre is an out-of-the-world revelation for the entire universe. In all the scientific studies that we have acknowledged till date, only 3 dimensions prevail. These entertainment super-Gods pioneered their way through modern technology to break through the remaining 4 dimensions, which great scientists failed to even imagine! I sat through the entire length of the visual effects trying to adjust the 3D glasses over my spectacles. Hail 7D!

Another thing which I was looking forward to was the snow house. I was expecting a swarm of people inside it, with everyone jumping around and grabbing fistful of snow moulds and throwing them around! I prepared myself to survive a few minutes of my life albeit some space to stand. When I entered, I thought everybody was wearing invisibility cloaks. It was as empty as those houses shown in the horror movies! Moreover, the people behind the idea of this, clearly don’t have the faintest knowledge about the difference between ice and snow. The surface is so slippery that the probability of not falling down while walking is equal to the probability of you not visiting this legendary place after reading my blog post. And the apparels that they provide which they evidently call winter-jackets, is lighter than the vests that people wear in summer! In other words, the excitement level after coming out from the snow house goes to the negative quadrant.



Believe me or not, the only thing which kept me alive during my entire time there was that I tried my hand in archery for the first time. I realized if I ever competed in that sport, it would have taken me at least 4 lifetimes to qualify for the Olympics! Alas, the number of chances Dreamland offers you with the target: Fantastic Four!

Comments

  1. Wild waters are the best amusement park in Hyderabad. Unlimited fun in biggest Adventure Park in Hyderabad with water rides, water coaster, dry thrill rides & more
    for more details visit:http://wildwaters.in/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts