How Consensio exposed my doubts!

Since a very tender age, I have been trying to figure out the exact reasons why I don’t sing or dance. And so in every college fest that I visit, I try my level best to adapt into the situation, and bluntly fail in doing so every single time. The sun always rises from the East. So thus my whimsical habit as it carried through Consensio 2017 too.




As I entered my college, which has been recently reinstated as Royal Global University, I felt a shower of nostalgic wind which hit me from within. Those memorable days were beginning to hit me like rolls of films. I proudly re-entered the battlefield that I once graced quite bravely. The big entrance gate, which has so many memories attached to it, was crowded with a large number of people. It brought back some hilarious and droll memories. Being an alumni has its own perks as we were not even frisked for the first time at the gates of our institute! Over the years, Consensio has really grown into a big juggernaut. The decorations were grand, the lights even grander! The massive amount of footfall inside the campus was totally a spectacular sight. And the foundation stone for the same was laid last year when Consensio took a vivid turn. The juniors did an amazing work to ensure the longitivity of this wonderful fest. Food stalls, creative designing all around, innovative graffiti reflecting on the walls and most importantly, the hustle-free management impressed me on my return to my Alma Mater. The excitement level rose threefold as I witnessed the great extravaganza.

Boys and girls came in pairs as if this was a pre-Valentine Day event. Elegantly dressed for the DJ night, girls came in huge numbers accompanied by their companions. These phenomenal sights remind me time and again that I have a long way to catch up with the age-old game. The huge gathering made me quite nervy. We had to make a queue to enter the grounds as the congregation was monstrous. Everybody was pushed by everybody else on the way with huge cheers. Ironically, everyone was enjoying the ruckus. On the other hand, I feared a stampede. Making room for some much required breathing space, we finally entered the grounds where the main stage stood. People were becoming crazy for Sunburn. Olly Esse was the star attraction for human beings who were eternally single like me but Progressive Brothers stole the show with their lively and spirited musical beats! The young and energetic gathering jumped like psychotic and electrocuted frogs. From Gangnam Style and the famous Michael Jackson-Moonwalk to some mere form of extraterrestrial dancing, Guwahatians showcased the best of gambol, to which Mithun Da would have stood on top of Mt. Everest for the grandest of salute. Apparently this is what people identify as dancing to EDM, which I am totally incongruous about. Now plainly imagine the sight of me standing like a dork in the middle of all these! A couple of selfies here and there didn't help the cause either!

The Ganesh Acharya inside my body propelled me to even the third day of this festival. My Facebook news feed got flooded with people requesting for passes to the Sunidhi Chauhan show as people thought an ex-Royalite would be showered with passes for such a coveted show! It was a sellout evening! There was so much glee and delight among the masses that I felt like an unfortunate odd-one out. People were so happily plunging and up-surging that I again realized the amount of things that I am yet to learn. An innocent hope lurked within which confronted me. Me and my friends stood there like wax figures from Madam Tussauds. That evening made me realize how tough it is to stand in a fix position like crimps, with everybody around us thrusting, charging and barraging us like skirmish bags. Braving from all the virtuous attacks, we held our spot like social outcasts! 


As an alumni, it felt great to be a very tiny part of Consensio this year. This was probably my last Consensio for many years to come. If luck passes by, let’s hope that in the coming years, I get to visit Consensio once again, with the fest touching the highest of the high.

Great going Team Consensio!


Once again, All Hail Consensio!

Comments

Popular Posts