Traumas of post-14th February!

A lot goes around during Valentine’s Day, the special day which celebrates the act of loving your loved ones and being loved back. It goes without saying that, be it single humans or the non-single ones, the 14th of February every year has an imminent effect on everyone. You may love me or hate me but you are sure to be inspired by this day, in ways you wouldn’t even think about.


So, let me put down my experience on the day of love. As I took a mini tour of my beloved city for the sake of my curiosity, the untapped strings of the cellular network within my brain had some real nerved situations. On one hand, I was reeling on the fact that 22 years down the lane, all I learned were ways to remain single. That’s quite easy, in fact! On the other, for the first time in my life, both my heart and that thoughtful mind were on the same pages of my satisfaction. Everywhere I looked, bikes and cars on the streets, malls, eateries, every green park, footpaths and every imaginable place which fulfilled the necessary requirements, were occupied by all the romantic couples. This was the very soul of Valentine’s Day which made me both happy and sad. Happy, because watching people embrace the feeling of love is a dazzling sight. And sad, because of the obvious reason which I needn’t remind. Read: Single! I also saw shops, which looked like it was painted in red. Filled with red, heart-shaped fluffy pillows, teddy bears, lovely cards and every other thing which reprised the love between a boy and a girl, the shops were thronged with presumably lazy fellows, who were finally reminded that they had to present their loved ones with precious gifts. Maybe, one of the many characteristics of being non-single! Maybe!

Then, out of all the places, I had to visit an eatery for a highly confidential matter. The ambient of the hall was quite fascinating. The lights were dim and faded and it seemed that every person present there was mourning somebody’s passing away. It was literally pin-drop silence, meaning if you accidentally dropped a pin, the couples at each table would hear the clinging sound. Such was the situation, that I was honestly the odd one out of all the paired customers.


If I am to sum up my experience on this very day, it would be more or less the same as the years I have lived since my birth, barring my toddler days when, I was maybe loved by every girl. Every year is the same. It’s not that I would like my guitar or my keyboard or say, my book collection to be my Valentine but yeah, a change may be appreciated. The love that I get from my mom, my cousins, my uncles and my aunts are appreciably large amounts, which can’t be compared with anything else. So, deficiency of love isn’t the problem. Maybe, I have become too curious. An occasional second-long eye contact by a girl is generally enough to melt my heart. The problem is I want to know what goes beyond that. I have never ever crossed the manifolds of eye contacts. Maybe, I do not possess the necessary traits required but let’s hope for the best.As they say, life is full of surprises. So, let’s hope life surprises me one fine day, like it does to me in every other facets of my world!

Happy reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts