I do not have a girlfriend but I am not a gay: Part-I

The other day one of my friends asked me “Are you gay?” as directly as that. I was shocked, surprised and taken aback. I vehemently asked him the basis of his questioning. He replied by explaining the fact that I never had a girlfriend in my entire lifetime, including at present, where I am close to completing two decades since my birth and I still haven’t got a girl in my life. I had pity on his question. Well, to be frank, his confusion was certainly logical.
How come a boy of present age is living a life without a girlfriend? Go anywhere and pick out a random guy and ask him if he has a girlfriend, he is bound to have one, unless that random guy is me. I don’t know if not having a girlfriend corresponds to being gay, but let me assure you, I do not have a girlfriend and I am not a gay. (Doesn’t necessarily mean that being gay is a crime, either) As simple as that. I don’t understand why it takes a blog post to explain that just because I am single, I am not to be confused for a gay. Another day at one of my relative’s house, I faced this question: “Do you have a girlfriend?” The question landed like an atom bomb in my heart. I don’t know if I looked that gay that even my relatives questioned the credibility of my likeness. I just pray and hope that my relatives don’t confuse me for a gay!

Now, that I have removed your confusion about my nature of love, let me explain it to you as to why I am still single. To be honest, there isn’t any specific reason to that. Firstly, I think all the girls have boyfriends. Meaning, I am left with none. Secondly, they all hate me. Also, my looks which are good enough to scare a crow, may be one of the reasons. And I am not complaining. Good or bad, I respect myself.  Another reason may well be the fact that I am the shyest boy in this entire universe. And seriously I am. I have had so many crushes on so many beautiful girls, none of whom was I able to express my feelings to. Forget expressing, I am afraid to even talk to them. Well, to be honest I am not that bad. And also I am not at all sad for not having a girlfriend. Frankly, my dear, you do not need a girlfriend to lead a happy life. And since that first crush, I had to continuously flush my feelings down the drain about the earlier crush before proceeding to my next corresponding crush. So many crush in a single lifetime! Well, you live only once. Till the last crush of my “crush life” I think I have to live with that. And hopefully, I get to confess my feelings to the present crush of mine, who is so beautiful and cute that a boy like me wouldn’t even have the dare to dream about her. And I still haven’t come to terms as to how I had a crush on such a beautiful lady, but mind you, even the likes of Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit, Mila Kunis, Megan Fox etc. would come second to her, in the list of the most beautiful ladies ever born in the entire Universe. That beautiful she is. Till then, pray for me. Best of luck. Be happy. And always help others. Respect.


Comments

Popular Posts