Getting along with College-Love.


“Do you have a girlfriend?”
“Do you have a boyfriend?”



Nowadays, these two irritating questions  seems to be the most trendified enquiries students seem to make in college. And yeah, I encountered these a number of times. Guess what, you do not keep a partner in your college life to “share feelings” or for somewhat similar weird  no non-sense. You need one,  just to show others that you have a gorgeous partner  in your strangled life, and you are enjoying it with heaven’s blessings. Cruel words, huh? Seriously, I do not have much softer words for this.





The question is:Why do you go to college? Simple answer is "to study." Too boring an answer for this post.And even I don't visit college to study.Who does? No one. But,for most of the teens, the real answer in your mind is: to meet my girlfriend/boyfriend, provided obviously if you are not single.Don't worry about that.  Even the weirdest geeks (no offense,if you are one) roam around the premises with a partner around him.And, mind you I am not jealous at all. Such is the trend that, if you walk around without at least one opposite gender with you, like the case with me (sadly, enough), you are taken to be a gay. As easy as it gets. And, in case if your lucky, beautiful partner does not study with you in the same college, then your best friend becomes the cell-phone. No matter what, you put that device over your ear for ages  and whisper in the  softest of voices, which is impossible to hear from even close range, save the person who is on the other side of the phone. And, mark my words, I mean it when I said it is “impossible”.  So, the thing is, you are studying in college, you must have a girlfriend/boyfriend. And, you are not normal or “straight” if you don’t have one. Incidently, in the latest of happenings, the word college is replaced by “school”, which means you do not have to reach as far as college life to lose your "being-single" tag. Start right away from school life, and yes, this is the truth. I am so much fascinated by this life-style that I am still not leading it.A real irony in my saying.Yeah, you heard that right. When I visit places, especially malls, and yes with my mom (I am proud to announce that I am her shopping companion) or  with my friends, why is it that all the girls I observe, walk with a bloke with her? My question is: Is there not a  single girl who does not have a better-half?  Or is my observation too poor?  Now, now I am not complaining either. Such is the funny side of life. 

The motive of this post is not to judge if having a boyfriend or girlfriend is good or bad. Neither am I forcing you all to leave your independent, the being-happily-single life , nor am I interested in  justifying that I am not a gay, as I am also still happily single. I just want to say that leading a college life doesn’t mean I must have a girlfriend. Many of my cousins, and even some of my friends  still believe that I am secretly having a girlfriend, and I am not coming out with the story. As funny as it gets. And I realy hope their doubts get cleared after going through this, in case they believe I am being honest enough with this writing piece. So, friends, if you are not single, please do not curse me with those insane thoughts about me. Spare me if you can. I am not saying loving someone is a crime.No, it isn't. I have no intention of hurting your beautiful relation, as it is obviously the best thing in life:LOVE. So, enjoy it as far as you can. Have a lovely life, friend. 

Comments

Popular Posts