7 things I will miss at Royal Group of Institutions

As I came out of college today, it went down through my mind: This was officially the last time I was coming out of my college.
I started remembering the last instances I glanced as I walked down the stairs and through the glass doorway in the reception area. Wow! It feels just like yesterday when I stepped foot inside the college for the first time and now, stepping out for the last time. As I walked past the reception desk, memories of that very first day floated within my mind. There are so many such recollections that have been treasured in a part of the brain and which, till the end of time, will remain interminably within me.



So, here are some of the things I am really going to miss in the journey of my life, post-Royal Group of Institutions:

Being stopped at the gate for not being dressed in a proper uniform: Few colleges might have such rules as having a strict dress-code for a bunch of engineering humans, and Royal Group of Institutions would still be the strictest one of them. Any one of the top faculty or management personality would invariably hover near the gate, to barricade you from entering the college premises provided you are wearing anything but a light-colored shirt. It is a different thing we have managed to sneak inside 99% of the times but getting blocked at the gate early morning was one thing we became used to! It became part of our lives. Oh, boy!

Tiwari Da and Bora Da: If the blockade at the gate was an enjoyable embarrassment, then the two most popular and highly likely persons to have done that would be these two legendary gentlemen. Though initially they may seem strict and extremely draconian, they are two of the most respected people in the college. If you have ever succeeded in entering the college premises after 9:15 A.M or have victoriously managed to leave the campus before 3-3:30 P.M, in the presence of either of them, then you are morally equivalent to Captain America!

The Fountain: This is one spot we all Royalites would relate to for years to come. If you are ever successfully lost in this beautiful campus or have a micro-meeting with someone, then this is very the place of reference you always give someone. Whether you want to click photos and sit around it or hang around with friends during recess, this place is our ‘addaa’ site!  

Consensio: Whether you are part of the organizing committee or not, you would be the dullest person alive if you miss the Annual Cultural-Tech fest of Royal Group of Institutions. This is one of the very few occasions where students need not take note of serious issues like dress code or college timings while being present inside the campus. While there is little doubt that the 2016 edition was the most epic and mythical Consensio ever which will remain imprinted in our memories forever, previous editions were a fun factor too. Being a participant from RGI had so many advantages we are unquestionably going to miss.



Banani Ma’am & Arpee Ma’am: Before I entered my engineering career, I was a fairly shy, downtrodden and a zombified person. I still am! But thanks to two brilliant, cool and fabulous professors I have made quite a stride in the smartness category by performing and conquering the stage quite a number of times in these four years. There is nothing by which I can repay their benevolent support towards me in these four years and my gratitude towards them will remain unscathed beyond the end of time. 

5th Floor Café: We often complain about the high prices that are tagged with the food items. We enduringly fret about both the quality and quantity of food. We moan about so many things about this place, yet we would never refrain to hang around the coolest place in the college, with mild winds steadily blowing around and with a beautiful backdrop of hills faraway.

Friends: Looking back at the four precious years, life would not have been as elementary as it is, without the support of all my friends. Four years seemed quite a short period of time with all these friends around but the memories would not fit into any measurable or boundless archive.

It might sound quite easy to put down thoughts to words but the sentiments analogous to it are relatively complex. Remembrance will always be occurring but the reality will be far away from it. Years from now, when my subsequent generation reads this, I do hope they establish the affection interwoven with this piece of chirography!

Adieu Royal Group of Institutions!

Comments

  1. Thank you Ankit...thoroughly enjoyed working with you...My quiz master..and my one stop solution to my many queries..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was an honor working with you too, ma'am!
      until next time, i can only pray and wish.

      Delete
  2. Well as far as the 5th floor cafeteria and other cafeterias are concerned...the only reason to eat there is because we are not allowed to eat outside...or else who would pay that much of money there when u can have lunch in 30 rupees at P.H.E. canteen outside the campus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would never swap some real great time for some loathy meal at PHE. :)
      i always liked the atmosphere on the 5th floor.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts