Farewell Royal Group of Institutions: Part 2

For those who haven't gone through Part 1, read here.
Goodbyes and farewells have always been the sad part of a person’s life. Life presents you with ample opportunities to be part of many journeys. Journeys, with immortal supply of euphoria. And these journeys always tend to have an end and the end, even though necessary seems a bit sad. Such a deadline may seem somber but transition will always be part of one’s life. With such a prelude to our lives, the bitterness is diminished to an extent.


The day of farewell came pretty fast! Dressed up for the event, I was astonished to see my batch-mates dressed in such outlandish outfits. Everybody dazzled in their extravagant attire. The girls, out of whom none recognized me, were looking prettier than ever. The sufferings of my already love-deprived heart reached infinity. Such was the gracefulness and charm of the ladies, the beauty of the environment quadrupled! These fairy-tale-gorgeous ladies have always been my kryptonite! Anyways, Farewell 2016 was one of the most wonderful events in our college. The juniors made a remarkable effort in organizing such an outstanding occasion for us. Heartfelt-songs, beat-filled-dances, an amusing-drama and whimsical awards for some of our batch-mates made the afternoon a fascinating one. The drama managed by Arpee ma’am, one of the best director-advisor-motivator-professor in our college deserves a special mention. I am actually honored and thankful to ma’am for mentioning my name in her incredible speech to us, the seniors. Also donning the stage for one final time, I played the keyboard as a part of the concluding chapter of my college life! While food has always been the most anticipated entity for me, everybody acted like a month-old hungry-living-beings when the announcement for food was made! Photos and mementos galore, everybody was savoring these last elated moments in our very own college. I was probably like the only high-functioning sociopath-next-door, staying away from the lenses as far as I could have. And in that manner, missed the frame for most of the moments!   



The last couple of weeks comprised of some of the most unforgettable and notable moments of my life. Parting ways from the very friends, with whom these four years had been an extraordinary period of time, is always a sorrowful event. The time finally came when sitting inside a classroom together with these prodigious guys would no longer be a weekly phenomenon. Waking up early in the morning just to reach the first class of the day in time would remain an eternal memory forever. Mondays would no longer be the most annoying days of our life. Friday afternoons after the last period would no longer be the most enthralling and ecstatic time in the history of our engineering lives! Bunking classes would forever remain an enigmatic and nostalgic violation of our engineering life. Opening my lunch-box, filled with cucumber and the various fruits my mom stashed inside it, in the presence of a professor during classes will forever persist as a historical event in the movie of my life. And all the exclusive engineering mischief and playful pranks will permanently remain unscathed in our cognizance. Goodbyes will always be a touching act of melancholy but at the same time it leaves behind us, unforgettable recollections with our dear ones! With these few lines, I suppose this would be my signing-off post associated with my college days and I do seriously hope that in the future, I do get an unforeseen chance to write another piece related to the remarkable time spent with the best of friends in my engineering days!

Adios Royal Group of Institutions!

Thank you once again for all the lifetime worth of memories!

Comments

  1. like always...your this piece of writing too touched the hearts of many...
    u will be remembered by the tag, "writter of our batch"...
    all the best bro...continue the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, brother.
      I will surely miss my friends along

      Delete
  2. Well written..I specially loved the part where you mentioned about how the very mundane,boring part of college life is something which you start cherishing as your official classes get over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I wish the mundane, boring part of my life do return in some parallel Universe, hopefully!

      Delete
  3. Well written..I specially loved the part where you mentioned about how the very mundane,boring part of college life is something which you start cherishing as your official classes get over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mayb missing frm d frames but ur presence will b rememberd alwz, b it on d stage as a Quizmaster, as a 'my dear student' as you listen & interact intellectually in d class, as an instrumentalist, a writer,and as one who wud alwz giv 100% working frm behind d screens but wud avoid d limelight. Students as u r rare to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am so much!
      Your words would always serve me as motivation.
      And as a blogger, your lessons were the most precious to me

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts