Megamind: One last time........

It was that time of the year when Royal Group of Institutions organizes Literarum, the annual literary fest. And with it, comes Megamind, the quiz competition, which I have been hosting for the past two seasons. This year marked season 3 of Megamind, and being in the last year of my engineering life, probably meant the last appearance of me in Megamind as the quizmaster. On one hand, there was a glitter of excitement and on the other, the tearful reminder about it being my last. 


After spending many sleepless nights, researching for various topics and information, making questions out of them, and finally compiling them into slides, I was overwhelmed on the morning of the supposed ‘big day’. But being on the stage in front of a public gathering has always been my weakness. But having already hosted the previous two seasons, there was no looking back. And I had to deliver it even bigger this time. The big day finally arrived. The participants came and boy, they came in big numbers. According to the numbers provided by the registration team, a total of 75 teams graced the event. It was a huge number and probably, was the result of the prestige and respect Megamind received over the past two years. It feels extremely overwhelming to be a quizmaster inside a packed auditorium, filled with students, teachers, juniors and elegantly charming ladies. Reacting to a few of my questions with loud cheers and endless claps, the enthusiastic audience upped my confidence to a great extent. The prelims went great. The other quizmaster of the day, Kaushik, a cheerful and popular person, and an extremely close friend of mine, helped me in conducting the finals, contested fiercely between 6 gravely talented teams. After 6 rounds of serious quizzing, Shrimanta Shankar Academy emerged the winners, which made me proud as I am an alumnus of that school.


Megamind 2015 will forever remain imprinted both in my heart and mind, not only because we received so many good compliments about it. But because of the way it was conducted, the way my juniors helped us in conducting the event successfully and also, because of the wonderful audience that graced the event. Special thanks to Kaushik, Niyangku and Sunit. I would also like to thank Banani Ma’am for giving me this extremely elusive chance and honorable experience of hosting Megamind. I will forever cherish it.


Thank you once again, each and every one of you!

Comments

  1. You have a bright future as Quiz Master. And for the first time in my life, I'm talking sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you achieve greater heights! Cheers.
    Don't you forget your old quiz partner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts