An Open Letter to all the women

Living in a confused society, I am bound to write this letter to all the girls.

Dear respected ‘all the women’


It has been a tough time for all the females living in the present society. Living in a country which gained independence way back in 1947, life should have been better post independence. But some 67 years later, a bigger problem seems to have cropped out of nowhere. And if the British rule was thrown away under the influence of Gandhi, it seems the modern world requires a Gandhi in a more aggressive form. I don’t know where the current generation is heading towards, but let me assure all of you, the female society, that I can very much understand the problems being faced by all of you. I am a man and I can feel the situation you are in. Sounds, maybe unreal but trust me, I really do. In fact, it really hurts me to hear such incidents taking place almost every other day. And just because these senseless morons go about harassing women, doesn’t mean every man is like them. Those inhuman criminals don’t even fit to be called human beings, so it would be unwise describing them as men. They represent the irrational, unethical part of the Universe and it is big time, they are actually eradicated, killed or thrown away from this planet. It is high time some serious steps are taken to resolve this matter. Just by writing this blog post, I am not going to achieve anything specific but I take this as a medium to reach out to all of you. It was expected that with a new Government, these crimes would finally stop. And even if the Narendra Modi Government is in its initial phase, this matter should have been the top priority of the Government. But, being a fan of Mr. Modi, I am sure he would take the right steps towards creating a much safer and better India for all of you. But whatever steps to be taken, it should be done with immediate effect. And as fast as possible.

Just the other day, as I was in a shopping mall, I saw one of you, a miraculously beautiful girl. Due to her amazingly pretty looks and because I couldn’t help it, my eyes fell upon her face for just a few milliseconds. Coincidentally, it was then she turned around and gave such a stern look to me that I was almost made to believe that I was a rapist or a harasser and hence, a criminal. My instantaneously happy heart broke down and I was tempted to write this blog post to all of you. I might have been wrong to look at her face but, I just want to assure you that there are still some men or at least me, who views women with respect, dignity and honor. There are men who still respect all of you from the bottom of our heart. I am not boasting but I still am a man who would stand up to offer a seat to a female in a city bus. And trust me, I have faced negative reactions from fellow male passengers in numerous occasions but I haven’t stopped doing this till date. And just because of some lifeless elements trying to create imbalance in the society, I want you to know that men are not heartless beings, not at least me. It is my dream to see the country being freed from these disturbing crimes. Because of these incidents, whenever I face one of you, I feel that I am being perceived as an emotionless fool, who is filled with erotic dreams. I know you are seeing bad times. I know your safety still hasn’t been guaranteed. I know moving alone in a bus still create terrible fear within you. I know walking alone at night or any other time, still makes you feel that somebody might grab you from behind. I know that you still do not feel safe anywhere. I know you are still praying that the world would turn into that dream place where you are respected and safeguarded by men. I know that life has become dreadful considering all these inhuman and heinous crimes. Knowing these isn’t enough as sadly neither my education nor my human conscience has been of any help to make matters even. I really feel terrible seeing all the helplessness within all the female fraternity. And lastly, I want to give an assurance to all of you. All of you may have a belief that men are heartless, emotionless and selfish creations but trust me, within my presence I would never let any such incident take place. I would ensure that every woman within my vicinity feels safe and not marred around with fears of devilish crimes. It might sound like a false and unrealistic oath but I would really make sure I live up to my words. Till then, keep believing. Do not lose hope. I will be there in some part of the country forever praying and wishing the safety of all of you. May you stay safe and unharmed. And thank you for reading this. I am extremely honored.

Yours sincerely,

Ankit Mahanta

Comments

  1. With this piece of writing, you have made very good points. Hope this blog is read by one and all. It is time for some constructive discussions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts