The day I became a quizmaster for the second time!

As they say, history do repeats itself. But what if history pays you a double delight?
And after a year, I was back with my second quiz in my college as part of the literary fest of Consensio. It was much tougher making the quiz presentation this time around due to the excessive pressure in my 5th semester session resulting because of too many assignments. Dodging all the difficulties, I began preparing a quiz presentation, good enough for the quiz. It is a really daunting task to research and find suitable and interesting facts pertaining to a quiz. Finally, losing all my sleep the night before, I finally made ready a quiz presentation for Megamind, the quiz event for Consensio. Prior to the event, I got really nervous because it is my universal habit of being nervy before such events. Finally, the time arrived, and participants from various schools across Guwahati began filing the auditorium. Notwithstanding my shyness, the quiz finally began with a great beginning. It was just because of the fact that a very special person was among the audience present inside the hall that the quiz became a memorable one for me. She was present in the same event, even last year. The mere presence of that pretty girl made all my nervousness vanish in thin air. Every inch of confidence began oozing inside me and thereby took the flow of the quiz. Two of my friends, Anirban and Kaushik helped me with the conduction of the quiz. A special mention of Debabrat, who was extremely helpful in the framing of the questions. Now, with the quiz finally taking off with a great pace, I was filled with immense happiness. The reasons were: the students found the questions interesting, the answers were quite workable, the smiling faces of the teachers, my sense of humour, which didn’t work with the audience and the sight of that pretty girl all made my day.  It was really an honor, hosting the quiz for the second time in a row in front of her. Though last time around, a pinch of fear was present inside me, the scenario this time was completely different. One year was a long time for this vast change to occur within me. Barring a little glitch while checking during the prelims, the overall event was a good one, in comparison to last year. Questions came and questions went, and I was overwhelmed at the end to be appreciated for the standard of the questions both by the students and the teachers of some of the schools. It felt really great to be acknowledged for the work. Last but not the least, I also want to thank Banani ma’am for giving me this wonderful opportunity for the second time in a row.

p.s: But the one element that was missing in my event was the photographer, who was assigned the duty to click a few photographs but didn’t pay heed to the demand. Thanks to him, too.


Comments

Popular Posts