My Debut As A QuizMaster!!

As part of Consensio’14, my college, Royal Group of Institutions organized the literary part of the fest on 30th October, 2013. The competitions which were part of it were spelling bee, inkworm, quiz and a debate. The competition which amazed me most was the quiz competition. Not because it was merely a quiz for which I am always excited. It was due to the unearthly fact that I was the quizmaster for the event. Yes, you heard that correct!! It was me who was to conduct the quiz. For those of you who know me quite well, may already be having questions in your mind, I guess. A shy, stupid boy like me, who has never ever in my life was part of such a big thing (well, it was a big one for me!!) and who has never ever interacted with a girl in my lifetime (now, that’s a weird thing and you may very well wonder what’s the girl-connection with the quiz? Have patience. I will spill the beans very soon!) got such a beautiful opportunity. Well, the very thought of standing in-front of a public gathering gave me goose bumps. And, now, I was to stand there as a quizmaster and conduct a quiz.



As the day arrived, it merely took seconds for the time to pass from morning 6’O clock to 10:30 A.M, the scheduled time for the quiz. Time passes so swiftly in situations like this. As the participants arrived, from various schools, it seemed as if some wild animals were arriving and I was their meal. I felt the earth beneath me slip and I had my heart pump blood a million times faster. And in the audience, even the girl of my dreams stood there helping out the participants. The sight of her made my heart swell so much, that the situation is simply unexplainable in my blog. Situations like this make me feel about how a beautiful girl can be so much more beautiful when she comes in front of my eyes. Wow! That feeling!! And obviously, she doesn’t even know me. And she also didn’t even have the faintest of an idea about the world war which was going on between my various organs. Probably, she is the most beautiful and cute girl ever born in this entire universe. Trust me, she is. Now, coming back to my quiz which was a very small thing in front of the beauty, who stood in front of me, I finally took over the stage after my friend Anirban rocked the prelims part. My eyes got blackened out. I couldn’t digest the fact that I was standing in front of a half-filled auditorium (yes, it was sadly not fully filled). I didn’t want to ruin my moment as I had spent the entire past 2-3 days framing questions which I wanted to be at par with the level of quizzes conducted in reputed events as well as interesting. I don’t know up to which standard I succeeded, and I was not even sure if the audience were enjoying the quiz. To make it up for it, I even tried my hands at not-at-all funny one liners, which were supposed to be jokes but not even a single person got, what I meant. I was more inclined towards the fact that ‘the girl’ was in the audience rather than showing enthusiasm towards the quiz. The questions came and went, and the participants were answering them as if I was just asking them their family names. Such was the talent of the quizzers present at the quiz and I was quite happy about it.


As this was my first time as a quizmaster, I don’t know up to what extent I succeeded in my job. But truly speaking, I could have made the quiz more interesting with more interesting questions. I want to make an apology to all those who thought that the quiz was a boring one. Better still, if I do get a chance to conduct another quiz I would like to make it up for this quiz. Already a quiz for the teachers of my college has been planned and I along with my friend would like to make it more interesting as possible.


Comments

  1. Your quiz was not at all bad. I personally liked it & was entertained throughout. So dont be sorry coz I know the next time u host a quiz u are gonna rock man.!
    Looking forward to the Teachers' quiz & all the very best for it. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not stupid but a little shy.. That I agree, but no worries,I know you'll fix that too.. According to me, Ankit= maths genius. And as for your quiz,that was also upto everyone's expectations. You did really well for a first timer. As for next time,you're gonna rock it. Keep it up. Luck is with you.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts